This course has been designed to provide an insight into fire regulations and precautions and enable delegates to carry out the duties of a Fire Warden or Fire Marshall.
Every iAchieve Extra Tuition Centre must have a named Fire Marshall. This should generally be the Lead Tutor.
This course will help fulfil your obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. This course is suitable for those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety, designated fire marshal or warden and anyone who needs to know how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Fire legislation
- The basic chemistry of fire and its differing classes
- Fire fighting procedures
- Causes of fires and their prevention
- Emergency lighting
- Fixed fire fighting installations
- Evacuation assembly point and fire drills
- Fire alarms
- Fire hazards
- Routine fire safety inspections and maintaining a fire log
- Risk assessment awareness
- Extinguisher recognition and use (theory)