Learn how children use the Internet and how you can keep them safe from abuse.
Working at your own pace, this introductory training course will help you gain the skills to act appropriately and confidently to protect the children you work with.
This 3-4 hour online course is delivered in partnership with the NSPCC and will help you to think about the issues that children and young people face online. This is particularly pertinent as children and young people at iAchieve Centres have access to digital technology and controlled access to the Internet.
During this course you will learn about:
- How children use the Internet and technology.
- The risks children take online.
- Harmful content online.
- Online radicalisation and extremism.
- Sharing and sexting.
- Sexual offending against children online.
- Bullying online.
- Supporting parents and carers.
- Supporting children and young people.
- How to make your organisation a safer place for children to go online.
The course includes: teaching pages, film clips, audio recordings, reflective tasks, interactive learning activities and quizzes.
Once you’ve successfully completed the training you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.
This course should be purchased directly from the NSPCC using the link provided here:
The course costs £30+VAT – payable directly to the NSPCC.